As Beth posted, Avery's been a bit under the weather with a stomach bug. Fortunately, his mom was armed with a small pharmacy and was ready to battle back the local bugs with drugs with a high prejudice against bacteria.
We went on a river cruise last night complete with a Chinese dinner buffet that catered to the local Chinese palette. That means those of us not used to the local fare had limited selections. Avery didn't choose to eat anything except to try a piece of cake that appeared to have a pistachio, chocolate and other layer to it. He bit into it and stated that it tasted like Chinese cake and didn't want anymore. I tried it and it was a bit bland, but I can't let a piece of cake go to waste, so I let it go to my waist.
Hilary's on the tube as I type this - amazing the reach that American politics has; even in the middle of China. The campaign really does have global reach.
Anyway, back to us. I think we'll be nestling down in the hotel as Avery builds his strength for the big flight back home this Friday. Today, our CCAI (adoption agency) guides are working through the US Consulate to secure a visa for Zoe and our job it to stay by the phone in the event there are any questions that need to be answered. Other than that, everyone else is free to do as they please. I think Beth and I will take turns going around to the local shops to see what else to throw in the luggage.
Tomorrow, there's an optional excursion to the Guangzhou Zoo. Since Beth's big on zoos, she'll take Zoe while I stay back and hang out with Avery to make sure he's better, unless Avery is feeling better, but we don't want to push him.
I'll be updating the album tonight to place some new pictures up. Aside from that, Zoe's getting along well. She hates to sit down when at a meal, so restaurants will likely not see us very often until she realizes that the dinner table is to sit at, not stand at. We've been strategically planning meals to phase when Beth and I eat so at least one of us can have a meal while the other stands/entertains Zoe.
I just got a call saying that all of our paperwork for her visa is a go, so we've been paroled from the room. Not sure what we'll do yet, but tonight is also the famed 'Red Couch' photo known well among those that have adopted from China. I think we'll also get group photos to remember those folks we've traveled to this country with.
That's all for now. One more full day, then back to the USA! I'm ready to get out of here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment