Thursday, September 27, 2007

Visit from Andre and Being a Single Dad...

Well, this last weekend was nice! Lola wrapped up her visit with us and Avery was bummed to see the 'foodmaker' (as he calls her) leave back to Chicago. It was fun seeing my mom and dad and we spent some time looking around at new homes in the area! Hmmmm....

Additionally, my friend Andre came out for a visit since he was in the area. He was able to stay the night so we could catch up on what's happened in the last 7 years since we were stationed together in Albuquerque. He's busy now with his lovely wife and 3 kids and a new house and new job and new state and return to this country! Avery told Beth that Dad's friend 'was a really nice man.' Made me laugh.



Aside from that, the Bears are sucking in a pretty bad way. Rex was benched, so that doesn't leave me much hope for this year since I don't think there's much depth. I was hoping he'd get out of his slump. Oh well, maybe I can go to the super bowl to see them with Avery and Zoe and their kid(s) in 30 years...

Other than that, Beth's been in DC this week hobnobbing with CO state reps/senators/staffers leaving me to fly solo with Avery. He was sick on Monday, so I got to stay home with him and it's been trying to survive the last few days. We survived. Halo 3 came out on tuesday, so I've been 'finishing the fight' during Avery's sleep hours. Getting to bed at 1am then waking to get ready and Avery to daycare by 7:30am isn't too fun. Beth's on her way home so we should see her soon. Not that you care. Later!

- Mike

No comments: