Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas Pictures!

Well, Beth's brought you up to speed on what's gone on with the adoption recently. Personally, I'm not surprised, just frustrated. Anyway, I've been meaning to get some pics of our Christmas festivities and other goings on to give you a glimpse into our world (how exciting for you!).

Anyway, on with some pics...

This is Avery and I at 6 ish in the morning. He'd already woken up about 5:45 and it took about an hour before he asked if Santa came!!! I'm sporting my groovy new Bears Santa hat and Avery's got his new kid indestructible camera. He's taken pictures of everything from the dogs to his belly!

What's a pharmacist without a good 'ole mortar and pestle? Now Beth's got one and can pulverize spices for those exotic dishes we're always cooking up. Okay, not really, but now we can start!


Avery got a Capt'n Jack Sparrow dress up kit. Here he is wearing it. I love the dreads!

I got a couple of Gnomes for the backyard!! I've always wanted these to litter my backyard. He takes after what love to do when I'm not awake...
This is the very first Lego that Avery put together with nothing other than verbal guidance from Dad. I was pretty proud of him!
After the Christmas festivities, everyone had to go back to work... except for me!!! Since Mikey and Mia didn't have a place to crash and Avery had a bunch of new stuff aching to get used, I asked if they could come over to play and they did. They kept me busy, but I was able to get a quick snap while they posed...

During our time off, the Colorado weather has been cold. Real cold. It feels like it's averaged between 15 -20 degrees as a high over the week between Christmas and New Years. Since the driveway required clearing multiple times by me and Avery, I'm now in the market for a new snowblower! Anyway, with the cold weather, I had to bundle up my boy. Maybe I went a bit too far, but it's better than frostbite!
And this was one of Avery's discoveries on his journey through the yard. Soon after this pic was taken, the icicle became about 50 baby icicles!

That's all for now. Hope you had a great holiday and best wishes for the upcoming new year (or as I like to call it, the 'Year of the Zoe'!

- Mike

No comments: