Sunday, October 28, 2007

Boo @ the Zoo and the Rockies take After the Bears

Today was fun this morning, then frustrating this afternoon evening. We took Avery to Boo at the Zoo. It was basically trick or treating at the zoo and Avery got to dress up in his firefighter costume. Met a real firefighter on the shuttle and he told Avery his uniform looked the same! Pretty cool. We scored some candy and some pics from the zoo and I've slapped them in here since it's been a little while since we've seen fresh pics of the boy. Enjoy!



Aside from the fun day at the zoo enjoying the 72 degree weather, it's been another Chicago day in sports for me. My Bears fell to 3-5, effectively closing the door on a solid chance at making the playoffs this year. Looks like the super bowl losers curse got them too. On the other side are our Rockies. I wasn't into baseball too much as a kid, so no strong affiliation with a club, but this year after playing ball, gaining an appreciation for the game and going to a few games at Coors, I've become a Rockies fan. Figures they'd have a playoff showing much like any other Chicago team as they have in the world series. I figure the good that's too come of this is waiting tomorrow as merchants look to clear out their WS rockies ware. I'll be there looking for 60% - 70% off deals!

Later this week we head to Lacey to see Mary graduate from the police academy and become a full fledged police officer. I gotta swing by Krispy Kreme (too bad they've closed a bunch of them in the area!)

Anyway, I plan on stargazing tonight since we got our telescope repaired. Hope to see something cool. Later!

No comments: